Friday 14 June 2013

MY REFLECTION ON WEBLOG


Reflecting on Blogging


What skills I gained while writing to a blogging audience?

I found it quiet challenging trying to write in a relaxed style of literature, while remaining somewhat academic and professional for a blogging audience. I think it would be easier to do this when writing about something that I am extremely passionate about. My thoughts are when writing to a blogging audience it is important to include them. For example ask question such as ‘ don’t you think when the font is too small it gives you a headache’? This engages the audience more, and caters for more relaxed, easy reading which is what blogging is about.

The particular skills I gained would most prominently be learning how to create a blog and the little simple steps it takes to change the background, font and layout. I found that the use of images amongst the text accommodates the lighter reading style of a blog too.

What skills did you gain regarding design?

I feel that blogging is for the more creative, visual type. It doesn’t have to be all about text, and writing. Despite that a lot of blogs are text based I think it is important to have colour, headings, images and small paragraphs of text. The more clear, colourful and simple the blog, the more engaged the reader. The most important thing I learnt was overall how to create a post, and also the different layouts that you can choose to have. I think simplicity and colour is key.

What is your view on blogging?

I think blogging is a great tool and form of self-expression. It represents a democratic community where people can voice their opinions, share their ideas, communicate with others and connect with an extensive audience. I follow numerous fashion and food blogs which have enormous influences on my life. They effect the way I dress, the types of food I eat and my diet, In affect this has forced me to become more cultural as I am visiting blogs from all around the world, eating different foods, and embracing the different fashions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment